Volunteer opportunities with ASA will be listed here as they are developed!
Current needs (see descriptions below): Soccer Coaches and (an) HR Expert(s)
Seeking volunteer soccer coaches – Help kids enjoy the beautiful game
The Arlington Soccer Association (ASA) is seeking volunteer soccer coaches and assistant coaches for the Spring season and beyond. Volunteers must enjoy working with kids (ages 6 through 16), and soccer experience is beneficial though not necessary. ASA offers free training for coaches and provides all equipment. Assistant coaches help existing team coaches run practices and games.
– Practices (usually 1 or 2 per week) are held weeknights in Arlington
– Games are typically on Saturdays, also in Arlington
– Access to a car or other reliable transportation is very helpful
– Coaches often are paired together and work as a team to coach a group of players
– ASA will conduct a variety of coaching education programs before and during the season. These will improve your ability to work with the kids in a fun, age-appropriate manner.
– Practices will begin late August or early September. Games start September 17 and the season ends in mid-November.
Coaching soccer is a great way to share your enthusiasm for the sport and give back to the local community! More information is available here.
For questions or to register, please contact ASA’s Recreational Soccer Director at danferguson (-at-) arlingtonsoccer.com
Human Resources Expert for ASA HR Committee: ASA’s Human Capital Committee could use your help to provide input and guidance as to HR best practices. We are looking generally for folks with experience in human resource management.
Requirements (some or all):
For questions or to offer your assistance, please contact ASA Board Member Ron Malachowski at ron.malachowski -at- att.net.