Spring 2021 Registration opened January 4, 2021!
Arlington Soccer is excited to welcome your family for the spring 2021 season!
Please visit the Rec Information page to review important changes for the season.
Below please find basic information about how to register for the season.
- Returning players: Please be sure to have your password ready. If you have forgotten your password, please use the “Forgot password?” link to reset it. When registering a returning player please select their name, DO NOT create a duplicate profile. Your child’s information should automatically pre-fill after clicking on their name.
- New Families: When creating household account please enter parents’ information first. Player's information can be submitted later in the registration process.
- If your child is new to Rec Soccer you will need an age verification document to upload within the registration. Those who have played previously in Rec Soccer, and who have been verified do not need to resubmit proof of age.
- "What if I don't have my document when I am registering? Complete the Age Verification Upload registration form ASAP (this is a separate registration option from the pulldown menu). Players are not eligible for placement until Age verification is verified. Date of submission affects registration status.
- Families requesting Financial Aid will be required to provide the proper documentation. Registration fees cannot be adjusted without the documentation, and registration is not complete until payment is submitted.
- If your child has a team they would like to try to join, please give the coach's full name or the full name of a player on the team. Special requests to join teams will be considered in order that registration and payment were completed, based on availability.
Please have your payment method ready. You may pay online using a credit card: VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER. If you select "pay by check or cash", please deliver payment as soon as possible. Status of registration depends on the date payment was delivered.
Covid-19 Credit Information: If you requested a credit due to the cancellation of the spring 2020 season, please review important information here.
Spring 2021 Refund Policy
Due to the current pandemic, for the Spring 2021 season Arlington Soccer will offer prorated credits (or refunds) if the Rec season is fully or partially canceled due to pandemic-related problems. Please visit the Rec Policies page for full details.
New to Arlington?
Select "Create New User Account" and follow the instructions.
Important: You must enter the parent's contact information when creating your account, not the player's.
Returning Families - Click here to Login
Important - Before You Register: If you have a returning player, DO NOT create a new account with ASA. Please log in with your existing household email address and if you forgot your password, select "Forgot Password" to reset it and log in.
If you have any questions about your household account, please call the ASA office at 703-527-0157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not remember your password, select "Forgot Password". Enter the email address that you previously identified as your primary Household email address and follow the instructions.
With more than 6,500 players participating each Fall and Spring in league play, the recreational soccer program is the cornerstone of the Arlington Soccer Association. Players register and are placed on teams within one of our neighborhood soccer clubs, based on elementary school enrollment or geographical location. The recreational program provides quality soccer experiences for players, both boys and girls, from kindergarten through high school age. Anyone of any ability and level of income is welcome to participate. Parents, and other volunteers, coach the teams to provide a fun and educational environment through scheduled practices and games. Equal playing time is guaranteed and all players are welcome!
What are the dates of the season?
The fall season typically runs from September through mid-November
The spring season typically runs from mid-April through mid-June
What ages can play rec soccer?
We organize the Rec league by grade level. Rec soccer is open to all kindergarten through the high school ages permitted by VYSA (in 2020, the oldest birth year is 2002). If your child is between the ages of three through pre-school, they may be eligible to play in Arlington Soccer's Mini Soccer program.
Can I play on a Travel team and a Rec team in the same season?
Arlington Soccer does not allow travel players to play on Rec teams in the same season for grades 5 and older. Participation is further limited as per this chart.
Can I play on an ADP team and a Rec team in the same season?
Yes, however for all grades and ages the combined number of Travel and ADP players cannot exceed half the total number of players. For example, on a team of 11 players, there could be up to a combined total of 5 ADP and/or Travel players; for a team of 12 players, there could be a combined total of up to 6.
How are teams formed?
Arlington Soccer attempts to place players on teams based on elementary school enrollment, when possible. If a player cannot be placed on a team from their school, then they are generally placed on a team in the same general geographic location in Arlington.
How often do teams practice?
Teams generally practice once a week, with some older teams deciding to practice twice a week. However, the vast majority of teams only practice once per week for an hour after regular school hours.
Where/when will my child's team practice?
We try to assign practice space to teams based on the geographical makeup of their team. However, exact practice locations and times are decided by the team coach and their club manager and this can vary across teams.
When are games?
Games are normally played on Saturdays during the season, with the occasional Sunday afternoon game when needed.
How do I get a uniform?
Please visit the Uniform Information page for more info about rec uniforms.
What are the game formats?
Kindergarten: 4v4, no goalkeepers
1st/2nd Grade: 4v4, no goalkeepers
3rd/4th Grade: 7v7
5th/6th Grade: 9v9
7th/8th/High School: 11v11
What are the fees?
Registration for Rec in Spring 2021 is $94.
Does my child qualify for Financial Aid?
We offer a reduced fees for players who qualify for Financial Aid. Players who receive Free/reduced Lunch, SNAP/TANF or Medicaid benefits, Families who qualify for the Arlington County Parks and Recreation Fee Reduction are eligible for Financial Aid. Families must provide valid(not expired) supporting documentation. Click here to view the list of valid documents.
If your child is on Free or Reduced Lunch, please submit that proof to qualify. The fee for financial aid recipients is $40.
For additional information, contact email@example.com