1. BASIC FOOT SKILLS
- Basic skill instruction - Tick Tocks
- Basic skill instruction - Toe Taps
- Basic skill instruction - Tick Tocks with Movement
- Basic skill instruction - Rolling the Ball
- Basic skill instruction - Move: Scissors
Great basic foot skills! Start slow and build speed as you get better! And you don't even need a soccer ball to do it! ANY ball will work.
Many of the same moves, but done more quickly and without as much explanation:
2. MORE ADVANCED FOOT SKILLS - still indoors, still alone (but slightly more risk of marking up a wall).
This one is stellar! A whole work-out within a one-yard square space!
This is cool in that it is an adult male doing “5 turns to escape pressure” on fake grass inside what looks like a tree house! Very mellow music.
These are all good but don't explain as much. You have to have at least some understanding of how the move works in order to learn it here.
3. MORE ADVANCED GAMES - OUTDOORS but still alone
His “cones” and “speed ladder” are a bunch of plastic bottles! You could also use old t-shirts, sticks, anything that will stay still.
4. GAMES WITH A WALL – OUTDOORS walls, not inside walls!!
Wall workout. Starts from basics and moves up.
Good in that it is high-level but then slows down to show you how each move works. Like many of these videos, it assumes a basic understanding of the move.
Similar! Less explanation, more mellow. Shows the move, then repeats it in slow-mo.
- https://youtu.be/LsVC24f-6Kc - chest head height handling - GK
- https://youtu.be/1hpvIL0Jm6M - low waist knee handling - GK
- Excellent series of GOAL-KEEPER exercises! Fun activities.
Smart, clear, very basic. Great starting point.
Excellent at the basic mechanics; explains clearly and slowly where to put your foot on the ball, how to stand, where to pull, etc.
Also good but doesn't start at the very beginning.
6. MORE ADVANCED SKILLS!
Helpful in that it shows how moves look, then break them down. As with all this, you need some basics but this is a good shot at a wide range of fakes. Step-overs! Double step-overs! Cruyffs! Double Cruyffs!
"Ten really simple turns!" -- uhhhh, no. Not so simple, but worth learning. Very clear video -- shows it, then shows it slow-mo, then stops and shows again step-by-step. Excellent for the beginner.
7. RANDOM HIGH-LEVEL STUFF THAT IS FUN TO WATCH OR FOR OLDER PLAYERS
Your player might enjoy watching these and trying them at home. Not sure they are all feasible for the average Rec player but fun to try!
Moves to work on 1 vs. 1 Activity
The Lunge, Stepover, Scissors, The Roll and inside & outside moves
Shoulders, The lift, Fake Shots, Half Moon, Inside-Inside moves
The Matthews Scissors move
The Stepover moves
Famous soccer players move
Hazard's move -- SUPER cute video and great move!!
Iniesta's move -- also very cute and very easy! Great for any age, really