Check back for more additions over the coming weeks!
1. BASIC FOOT SKILLS
Great basic foot skills! Start slow and build speed as you get better! And you don't even need a soccer ball to do it! ANY ball will work.
Many of the same moves, but done more quickly and without as much explanation:
2. MORE ADVANCED FOOT SKILLS - still indoors, still alone (but slightly more risk of marking up a wall).
This one is stellar! A whole work-out within a one-yard square space!
This is cool in that it is an adult male doing “5 turns to escape pressure” on fake grass inside what looks like a tree house! Very mellow music.
3. MORE ADVANCED GAMES - OUTDOORS but still alone
His “cones” and “speed ladder” are a bunch of plastic bottles! You could also use old t-shirts, sticks, anything that will stay still.
4. GAMES WITH A WALL – OUTDOORS walls, not inside walls!!
Wall workout. Starts from basics and moves up.
Similar! Less explanation. More mellow. Shows, then shows slo-mo.
- https://youtu.be/LsVC24f-6Kc - chest head height handling - GK
- https://youtu.be/1hpvIL0Jm6M - low waist knee handling - GK
- Excellent series of GOAL-KEEPER exercises! Fun activities.
Smart, clear, very basic. Great starting point.
Excellent at the basic mechanics, explains clearly and slowly where to put your foot on the ball, how to stand, where to pull, etc.
6. MORE ADVANCED SKILLS!
Helpful in that it shows how moves look, then break them down. As with all this, you need some basics but this is a good shot at a wide range of fakes. Step-overs! Double step-overs! Cruyffs! Double Cruyffs!
“Ten really simple turns!” – uh, not so simple, really but all worth learning. BUT really clear: shows it, shows it slo-mo, THEN STOPS and does it again step-by-step. EXCELLENT in that they break it down really well. This is section 1 at a higher level, with more options.
7. RANDOM HIGH-LEVEL STUFF THAT IS FUN TO WATCH OR FOR OLDER PLAYERS
Your player might enjoy watching these and trying them at home. Not sure they are all feasible for the average Rec player but fun to try!
Moves to work on 1 vs. 1 Activity
The Matthews Scissors move
The Stepover moves
Famous soccer players move