Refereeing with Arlington Soccer Association is an excellent way for prospective referees to get introduced to refereeing in an environment focused on development and learning. Become an expert at rules of the game, get some exercise, give back to the soccer community, develop confidence and leadership skills, and make some money! If you are interested in becoming an Arlington Soccer referee, we want to hear from you!
MORE REFEREES ARE NEEDED!
- Arlington Soccer will need NEW REFEREES for the Fall 2019 Rec season - it does not matter if you are already certified or not. We are looking for kids 8th grade and above to start this season!
- We will TRAIN new refs to enable you to referee second grade Rec games for $16/game. The training is free and will be offered in early September. Please sign up NOW to reserve your spot.
- If you are already USSF8 certified, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our list of referees
- Due to changes in the USSF8 certification process, new Virginia clinics are not coming on-line until later this year. Our training is a great way to break into refereeing NOW and start earning money and experience NOW.
- ALSO, if you are already an Arlington Soccer referee and then get your USSF8 OR re-certify for your USSF8, we will refund you the cost of the training!
WE NEED MORE REFEREES to cover all our games.
The classroom info is available once you start the process, but here is what it says:
Pre-registration and completion of online material is REQUIRED completion at least 3 days before the start of the clinic. There are three modules, plus SAFE SPORTS if you are over 18.
There will be the following in-person session you must attend:
- Classroom Instruction - 2-hour review of the Laws and test
- Field Instruction - 4-hour field session - Restarts, Offside, Referee Positioning and mechanic, Referee and AR practice, and more.
Field instruction will be September 15, 2019
2-6 pm at Williamsburg Middle School in Arlington.
Classroom instruction will be September 17, 2019
7-9 pm at the Langston Brown Recreation Center in Arlington.
New Upcoming Grassroots Referee Classes
If you know anyone who wants to become a new referee, the following referee classes are on the schedule:
Alexandria: Lee Center 1108 Jefferson St
14 open seats
September 26 6:00-9:00 classroom
September 28 4:00 -8:00 field (location TBD)
Manassas: Hellwig Park 14220 Bristow Rd
16 open seats
October 5 9:00-1:00 field training & 2:00-4:30 classroom
Go to: https://www.vadcsoccerref.com/become-a-referee to register to become a new Grassroots referee.
Anyone interested in becoming a referee can email Tarey Houston at email@example.com for more instructions/information.
Arlington Soccer normally only accepts and trains new referees who are in 8th grade and older. If you are an adult seeking to get involved or looking for referee training, please visit vadcsoccerref.com for registration and class information.