ASA seeks candidates for our Administrative Services Specialist position.
ASA’s Administrative Services Specialist works in the ASA office, interacting with the public on ASA’s behalf as well as working with all ASA staff members, handling inquiries (by phone, email and in-person) and assisting with various tasks & projects. This is a year-round, part time position that reports to ASA’s Finance Director. Fluency in English & Spanish is required. Extreme sense of customer service is critical. Financial experience is helpful. The candidate should be available for at least 20 hours per week during weekdays. Very occasional non-weekday hours may be requested as well.
If you like working in a fun, youth-oriented environment, and especially if you are interested in working in the soccer “field”, this could be a great opportunity for you. This position may be ideal for parents seeking part time work while their children are at school. For more info, please read a full description of this opportunity below.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter by Friday, May 26th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASA Administrative Services Specialist
Job Summary: The ASA Administrative Services Specialist interacts with the public on ASA’s behalf handling public inquiries (by phone, email and in-person). Additionally, he/she assists with various tasks and projects in the office with a broad range of duties facilitating general ASA office operations. This is a year-round, part time position reporting to ASA’s Finance Manager. The Administrative Services Specialist should be available for at least 20 hours per week during weekdays. Occasional non-weekday hours may be requested as well.The Administrative Services Specialist will participate as a staff person in meetings and other ASA events as appropriate.
• The Administrative Services Specialist must be comfortable working with the public
• The Administrative Services Specialist should be able to work with members of the public with limited English language abilities. English and Spanish language proficiency is required.
• Computer proficiency, administrative abilities and internet savvy are mandatory. This person should be detail oriented, communicative, and able to multi-task.
• The Administrative Services Specialist should possess tremendous customer service skills and be the consummate team player
• Familiarity with ASA’s soccer programs is helpful
• All ASA staff must pass annual background checks
Responsibilities, Goals and Expectations:
Handle public inquiries in a timely and friendly manner
• Answer phone calls in the office
• Check and respond to voicemails left on the office telephone
• Answer emails
• Handle walk-in inquiries from the public
• Contact ASA families regarding numerous items including past due payments, financial aid applications, and insufficient funds
• Ensure that ASA policies and procedures are upheld and understood
Facilitate office operations
• Receive and distribute mail and shipments from suppliers
• Process participant registrations, including handling moneys received for player fees
• Post Tournament payments
• Process refunds
• Coordinate ASA’s Lost & Found
• Coordinate Escrip Orders for Office and Travel Teams
• Coordinate Silent Auction Donations
• Translate key documents into Spanish as needed
• Assist with Accounts Payable process to include posting and filing payments
• Assist with audit as needed
• Additional tasks may be assigned pending interest and ability