Arlington Soccer Codes of Conduct
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Acceptance of membership by Arlington Soccer is a privilege that carries certain responsibilities. As an Arlington Soccer player, you are always representing our club. The following agreement is made between each player and Arlington Soccer:
1. Arlington Soccer players are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which respectfully represents Arlington Soccer and does not bring discredit upon the organization.
2. Arlington Soccer players shall refrain from using profanity and derogatory comments based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
3. Arlington Soccer players will show respect toward teammates, clubmates, referees, opposing players, coaches, and parents.
4. Arlington Soccer players will not harass, abuse, or berate a match official for any reason at any time.
5. Arlington Soccer players should arrive on time and be prepared for all training sessions and games.
6. Arlington Soccer players shall not participate in physical violence on or off the field.
7. Arlington Soccer players are expected to attend all training sessions, games, and team related functions.
8. Arlington Soccer players are expected to wear Arlington Soccer approved attire at all Arlington Soccer related activities.
9. Arlington Soccer players are expected to be respectful of the facilities Arlington Soccer uses, both at home and away.
10. Use or possession of any illegal substance including alcohol, drugs including but not limited to e-cigarettes, Vapor products or E-liquid or participation in illegal activity of any kind will not be tolerated. It is your responsibility to prevent illicit situations from occurring and to avoid such situations that occur)
11. When traveling with an Arlington Soccer team, players are expected to follow all team rules established by the coach (this includes - but is not limited to - curfews, behavior in a hotel, behavior at a restaurant, etc.)
12. Arlington Soccer Youth players are expected to maintain the highest standard of conduct and good sportsmanship on and off the field.
13. Arlington Soccer players are encouraged to use good judgment when using any social media outlet.
14. Negative and derogatory comments will not be tolerated. This includes the posting of any inappropriate photographs and/or videos.
15. Arlington Soccer players are expected to honor all commitments to the team and club.
Failure to comply with the Arlington Soccer Player Code of Conduct Agreement may result in the
player’s suspension or expulsion from the club, as deemed appropriate by the Technical Director and Executive Director.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
I understand that I play a special role in the development of my child and his/her teammates, and that my encouragement and good example will do more to ensure good sportsmanship and self-discipline than any other influence. The other team is the opponent, not the enemy, and should be treated with respect. I will respect the game, referees, coaches, and players. As an Arlington Soccer Parent, I agree to abide by the following:
1. Always support my child with positive encouragement
2. Respect and adhere to ideals, policies, rules determined by Arlington Soccer and my child’s team
3. Always maintain self-control
4. Respect the facilities, either home or away, in which my child is privileged to play.
5. Show respect for all decisions, judgement, and authority of all officials.
6. Show respect for the feelings and accept the capabilities of my child, my child’s teammates, and players on the other team.
7. Exhibit a high degree of sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive attitude always when representing my child, the team, and our club.
8. Refrain from coaching from the sidelines during training and or games.
9. Respect the 24-hour rule when dealing with issues and or concerns I have with respect to my child when communicating with a coach, program director or staff member.
10. Refrain from expressing my opinion of the coaches or players in front of my own child or in a public setting.
11. Refrain from using foul language towards other parents, coaches, officials, or opponents.
12. Refrain from yelling at or threatening officials, opposing players or coaches before, during or after games or training.
13. Refrain from using social media to express any negativity toward anyone associated with Arlington Soccer
14. Refrain from demonstrating frustration or anger after a loss or inferior performance.
15. Always accept defeat graciously
16. Will commit to both club and team fees in accordance with required schedules
17. I will not physically or verbally abuse any other person
18. Refrain from bringing alcohol, drugs or firearms to any Arlington Soccer, training, team, or club function/activity
Failure to comply with the Parent Code of Conduct could result in removal from the team, our club, a field, sanctions, and/or police involvement.
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
The health, safety, and well-being of our players are the primary concern and responsibility of Arlington Soccer Association. All Coaches should understand that they have an Increased responsibility when coaching young people.
All Arlington soccer coaches will adhere to the following:
1. We shall honor, respect, and treat everyone equally within the context of the game, regardless of gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, or economic status
2. We shall show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, players, coaches, managers, staff, and spectators serving as role model for good sportsmanship.
3. We shall never retaliate against any player, parent, coach, staff, or other members of our club regardless circumstances.
4. Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game by promoting fair play and displaying high standards of behavior.
5. Always respect the official’s decision. Never approach and/or confront a match official before,
during or after a game in any manner that is not positive.
6. At no time during an Arlington Soccer game, practice or other event will a coach be alone with a single child where they cannot be observed by others.
7. Children will not be left unsupervised. Coaches will not leave any child unsupervised until the child is picked up.
8. No player will ever be subjected to Physical, Verbal, Sexual, Mental or Emotional abuse. Any type of abuse will not be tolerated.
9. Use of positive techniques of guidance is encouraged, including redirection, positive reinforcement, and encouragement rather than comparison and criticism. Staff, volunteer coaches, and team officials will have age-appropriate expectations and set up guidelines and environments that minimize the need for discipline.
10. The use, possession, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs immediately before and during or immediately following Arlington Soccer events involving Arlington Soccer players and parents is prohibited.
11. Smoking/vaping or the use of tobacco is prohibited during Arlington Soccer events.
12. Electronic and phone communications with Arlington Soccer players should be limited to soccer specific topics and should include the players parent(s). Social Networking between adults and individual Arlington Soccer Players is discouraged.
13. Electronic communication includes but is not limited to phone calls, video calls, texts, social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc.), fitness applications, emails, and direct messaging should be limited to soccer specific topics and should include the players parent(s).
14. We shall always display the highest standards of behavior and professionalism.
15. Coaches must regularly seek ways of increasing professional development and continuing coaching education.